Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Shadows

I know right now that some folks are going through some "shadow times" in their life. Some have recently had to go through the shadow of death. For some it's been a shadow of debt, or shadows of conflicts. Shadow times can be depressed times, and shadow times of discouragement. You just feel you have hit a dark spot.

I remember as a kid walking home in the dark and how afraid I would feel looking off to the side of the road in between houses.....a street light or porch light might cast shadows from trees, cars and other objects, and it could be scary. Even some of us have been afraid as a kid just lying in your own bed and seeing shadows on our walls. I have to admit, you don't have to be a little kid to be afraid of certain shadows that come to you in your life.

Something I have learned though as I have gotten older.....a shadow can't hurt you and shadows are always bigger than the source it comes from. Good news is that wherever there's a shadow, there has to be a light. You can't have a shadow without the light. So remember this when you're going through a "shadow time", turn your back on the shadow and look to the light. As long as I keep my eyes on the LIGHT, and to me, Jesus is The Light of the World, then the shadow times don't scare me.


"Once again Jesus spoke to the people. This time he said, “I am the light for the world! Follow me, and you won’t be walking in the dark. You will have the light that gives life.” (John 8:12 CEV)

No comments:

Post a Comment