Monday, October 30, 2017

Collecting

I posted the pic of the old bottles and many people are like me….we like to COLLECT things.  I have old bottles, platters, etc.  You know I like to collect four leaf clovers.  Collections of old things are all over my house.  Ask any of my friends and family….my house is not IKEA!  Collecting sometimes hold a special memory for some or that bit of nostalgia.

We all collect some things, even if it’s not tangible things.  Some of us wish we could get rid of some of the stuff we collect.  I’m talking about collecting, regrets, un-forgiveness, anger, worries or many bad memories of things we should dump.

I do dump bad thoughts, feelings, regrets, anger and at times….I’ve found I’ve collected a new stash.  It’s a work in progress for us.  The main thing is to stop collecting negative stuff, anything that begins to bring us down or cause us to not be happy.

God’s Word calls on us to think on good things.  As hard as it is at times to do….keep trying, with His help.  When I do let go and look to God it’s so much easier to let go of those bad things I’ve collected in my heart.  Not all collecting is bad….but when the negative comes…..don’t stash it in your heart.  Collect the good things and trash the bad thoughts.


“And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.”  (Philippians 4:8 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment