Thursday, October 26, 2017

Hand We're Dealt

My past is just that.....PAST! It did help shape me into who I am today. Yes, I have regrets, we all do. But I can't go back and change some of the things that happened to me....I can't change a thing, except how I dwell or think about the past now. I just choose to not live there anymore. We have to accept the fact that somethings will never go back to how they used to be.

I can't change the cards I was dealt either. I have just learned to play my hand to the best I can and not throw my cards in just yet. From my past, I've learned what is important and I try to capture all the good times I can and learn from all the negative stuff that came my way and not repeat it. Grow and learn from it and get rid of those cards for sure.

So starting today.....I forget what's gone, appreciate what still remains in my hands.....and look forward to the next cards I will draw for my life. Live for those moments that other people don't notice and when you get to thinking about life, remember this: no amount of guilt can change the past and no amount of worry can change the future. If you want to heal from old wounds.....stop touching it.


"Brothers and sisters, I know that I have not yet reached that goal, but there is one thing I always do. Forgetting the past and straining toward what is ahead," (Philippians 3:13 NCV)

No comments:

Post a Comment