Monday, August 21, 2017

Eclipse

This morning as I was reading a devotion….it jumped out at me, as most of us are preparing to watch the Eclipse later this afternoon, that God’s love continues to shine on us. I was drawn to remember who my Creator is and how His hand in in control of the sun, moon and stars all around me.

As we watch the moon come into place and darken the sun out, God is my LIGHT. There is no darkness in Him at all. We live in a world that seems to continue to be so evil and full of hate and it tries to extinguish or diminish our hope. God in all His brilliance is much brighter than the sun and His Glory will fill you with joy, love and hope.

When things in this world and in your own life try to upset or bring you down, hold on to God’s hand. Refuse to be intimidated and know He is with you. God’s light can break through any darkness we will go through.

Today as I watch the eclipse, I will be praising God, Who is the maker of it all. I will spend some time basking in His holy light and let His Face shine upon me. His love for us never dims!


“For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.” (2 Corinthians 4:6 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment