Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Reason for HOPE


I had a question that hit me as I was reading a book. It asked, “When was the last time someone REALLY stopped you and asked about the REASON of your hope?” Wow, I mean in all seriousness, I did have to really think and then I had to admit my thought was OUCH!

If we’re honest here, there really isn’t anything about our lives worth asking about. Most of us just go day in and day out in the most normal way, nothing sets us apart from anyone else. We robotically get up, deal with normal life and go to bed and do it all over again. There’s nothing that intrigues someone to ask about our hopes, nothing to make someone curious.  Now, I’m not saying none of us have hope. I mean…I hope I have enough money in the bank to pay my bills each week. Enough money to go on a vacation trip. We hope our favorite team makes it to the World Series, we hope we don’t get cancer or we hope we can deal with cancer. Everybody has some kind of hopes like that and there’s nothing wrong with that but it’s also not unusual. So why would most folks ask us about that? It’s just normal life in general.

What got me to thinking is, I don’t want my walk with God to be something that no one sees. I don’t want it to be something that others don’t ask about and wonder what my real hope is in. I know I share these devotions on my page and I know some read them and comment, that’s not what I am fishing for is comments. I just hope some are reading them. I pray each time I post that it will bring some meaning to someone else’s life on here. Maybe help to make a difference for their day and place some HOPE that they have a reason to even live.

If you don’t feel you have that HOPE in your life. I’m here for you. I sure don’t know all the answers there are in the Bible but I can sure help you find what you are seeking. No mumble jumble coming to church stuff, that’s not what it’s about. But if you want real hope….God is there. Believe me, not talking religious stuff….I’m not even going there. But I can pray for you and get you on the right track if you need someone to talk to. I just know that I have HOPE that is the best kind and you can have through Jesus Christ.


“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment