Monday, August 28, 2017

The Potter

This early morning as I am moving around and collecting my thoughts from being gone the last 5 days to what is ahead of me this week.  Trying to plan some catching up and as I’m sipping on my cup of coffee I looked over to the corner of my family room and I see some of the pottery my brother, Ron, had made and given to me at different times in my life when he was still alive.

My mind begins to take a nostalgic turn in the road as I start looking at the design of the hand thrown pot.  It brings waves of sadness that pulls and ebbs with each flow as I think upon the hands of my brother as he once made this beautiful piece from just a solid lump of clay.  I am also reminded of another Potter, the ONE who took me from just a lump of clay and has so far molded me into who I am and what He wants me to be. 

The Master Potter is not finished with me yet and though he may have to use his tools to cut away some of the mistakes and situations that cause marks in how I am to become, I have to trust that He is the one who sees the finished design and one day I will be that beautiful piece of pottery that He had in mind all along. I think of the old hymn:

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after Thy will,
While I am waiting, yielded and still.


Help me to be still and to yield to the Potter's Hands.
"And yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, and you are the potter. We all are formed by your hand." (Isaiah 64:8 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment