Friday, August 4, 2017

Heart Love

"I've discovered that if people are not on my heart, they’re on my nerves. Heart love begins with understanding why someone feels the way they do. Ask questions and then listen. Hear the hurt, look for the problems, know what makes them tick. You need to understand the moods of the people closest to you, why they act the way they do. If you care, you’ll be aware. " (Rick Warren, Saddleback Church)

I do this. Something in me.....I pick up on those around me....I see hurts and or hear them share their problems.  I tend to have a lot of sympathy that turns over into empathy and I somehow end up trying to help others around me all the time.

However, it's not always given back or folks aware of the pain I am going thru at times, or problems I may have.....because, I don't always send out the vibes that something is going on.  I am good at masking and don't share the hurts, or let others see that I may be hurting or something is deeply bothering me.  I put on the mask or I keep trying to just help others and go on.  So many times when I am throwing out some advice or lifting someone else up through a word or trying to help….inside I have to go off and be by myself and almost shut down to recoup.

I'm the clown, cheerleader, and helper, that person who wears the smiling face and makes sure that everyone else is taken care of......because I have people on my heart all the time. I have HEART LOVE for those around me.  It’s part of what is called my “spiritual gift” to encourage those around me.   But some days....I'm like Rick Warren says.....when they are not on my heart....folks can really get on my nerves. So if I care.....I'll be more aware and slow down and try to understand that person a little better.  I put myself in their shoes and I take time out to feel what they are going through.  Heart love….look around folks, people need some of us to stop and understand them instead of getting upset with them.


“Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good.  Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.”  (Romans 12:9-10 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment